1. Job Scope:
The Market Access & Governmental Affairs Director is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the Governmental Affairs and Market Access strategies and activities that enable the company to secure optimal reimbursement, and realize the maximum commercial potential of current and future products in Belux.
2. Key Responsibilities:
Pro-actively develop the market access strategy for the companies' brands (marketed, pipe) and consider the implications it may have on the wider health care market as well as the impact the changing healthcare market will have on the companies' brands:
- Drives the development of the local payer value proposition by generating and providing relevant data/evidence, health economic and budget impact models and/or leveraging and adapting global value/reimbursement dossiers for pricing, reimbursement, and access submissions.
- Prepares a positive healthcare environment by identifying key stakeholders and establishing relationships with key influencers and decision makers
- Ensures market access excellence by aiming for the optimal pricing, reimbursement and launch timing in collaboration with regional and local cross-functional teams.
- Owns the most crucial file submissions, ensuring they are properly staffed, resourced, and prepared to maximize the likelihood of success.
- Reviews contracting opportunities for risk and compliance, from a financial and legal perspective.
- Contribute in shaping the health care environment and Health Care Policy:
- Identifies, analyses, and acts on legislative initiatives and emerging issues that could impact the company.
- Identifies and communicates commercial business issues and opportunities on an ongoing basis to the senior management team and contributes to the overall brand/marketing strategy.
- Serves as an internal thought leader on legislative and environmental matters at the strategic level.
- Works with Brand teams to integrate government affairs strategies into brand plans.
- Represents the company at Pharma.be and other stakeholder meetings.
- Co-ownership of the most senior relationships with government officials and leverages these to influence policy and legislative developments in the most favorable manor.
Provide leadership and coaching for internal roles to ensure national market access expertise is developed and disseminated within the organization:
Core activities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure market-access related knowledge is accumulated within the organization by coaching internal stakeholders (e.g. Market Access Manager if any)
- Develop training toolkits/negotiation guides for the rest of the team
- Identify and recruit external PMA experts on national/regional level to quickly fill in knowledge gaps if needed